A stem cell facelift is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses a patient’s own fat to restore youthful volume to the face. The standard facelift involves a series of incisions and surgical adjustments to help treat facial laxity, or sagging. Procedures such as these can result in long periods of downtime and discomfort. However, stem cell facelifts avoid extensive surgical intervention. Instead, small amounts of the patient’s own fat are extracted, prepared, and then injected into strategic areas of the face. The stem cells present in this fat encourage tissue rejuvenation and add volume for plumping, revitalizing results.
Wrinkles, lines and ptosis (the medical term for sagging) are common signs of aging. But another sign is the hollowing of facial features. The imbalanced distribution of soft tissue can cause asymmetry, which further draws attention to the area. Research confirms that these changes can alter a patient’s self-perception, and lead to damaging psychological, emotional, and social effects.(1)
Rediscover your youthful beauty once more with Dr. Dalia Tobbia. As a specialist in plastic, aesthetic, and reconstructive procedures, she is an expert in accentuating female beauty. She offers all patients a personal consultation at her Hamburg practice to discuss all procedures. Let her work with you to reinvigorate your complexion and boost your confidence. Call Plastische Chirurgie Am Klosterstern at +49 (0) 40 46 091 076 send us a message online for further details.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 About Stem Cells
- 3 Benefits of Stem Cell Facelift
- 4 Candidates
- 5 Personal Consultation
- 6 Preparation
- 7 Stem Cell Facelift Procedure
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Results
- 10 Cost of a Stem Cell Facelift in Hamburg
- 11 FAQ
- 12 References
Before and After Photos
About Stem Cells
A stem cell facelift is a way to regain youthful fullness in the face. But where do these cells come from, and what is the science behind the process?
Stem cell facelifts are classified as autologous procedures. The term autologous refers to the use of tissues from the patient’s own body. For example, autologous fat transfer is available for other areas of the body, such as the breasts. Many patients choose it over standard implants because it results in a more natural appearance. Other related treatments involve platelet rich plasma (PRP), a procedure that extracts nutrient-rich plasma from a patient’s blood and reintroduces it to the body in an area of concern. Common cosmetic uses for PRP include hair restoration and intimate rejuvenation surgery following childbirth.
What Are Stem Cells and How Are They Beneficial?
Stem cells are unspecialized cells in the body capable of self-renewal and differentiating into any other type of cell.(2) And in recent years, advances in the scientific understanding of stem cells has led to their usage in restorative medicine and cosmetic procedures.
There are many intrinsic (internal) and extrinsic (external) factors that contribute to skin aging. UV light exposure, or photoageing, is one of the main causes of extrinsic skin damage. This can cause a number of symptoms, including:
- Irregular Pigmentation
- Skin cancers
Intrinsic skin aging, or aging from within, involves loss of skin elasticity and a decrease in collagen production. Both of these substances form a framework, or extracellular matrix, that supports and strengthens the skin from within. Fibroblasts, special cell types found in the skin dermis, are responsible for the synthesis of these crucial elements.
As the skin ages, rhytides (wrinkles and lines) form and signs of aging become more entrenched and noticeable over time. Research shows that stem cells can promote the rapid increase of dermal fibroblasts (which produce collagen) by secreting growth factors, the naturally occurring substances capable of stimulating cell production.(2) A stem cell facelift can promote younger-looking, healthier skin, that’s noticeably smoother and replenished.
Benefits of Stem Cell Facelift
Stem cell facelifts are a solution for people seeking age-defying results without the “windswept” look commonly associated with the standard facelift procedure. Other benefits of this form of treatment include:
- Replenishes lost facial volume
- Smooths and defines facial features
- Improves skin texture and pigmentation
- Stimulates new collagen production
- Natural, long-lasting, body-compatible treatment
- No scalpel, incisions, or sutures required
- Shorter post-treatment downtime compared to a standard facelift
Candidates for a non-surgical stem cell facelift are men and women who wish to rejuvenate their face in a less invasive way than conventional cosmetic surgery. If you lead a busy life with a full daily schedule, you may not have time to spend convalescing at home for several days or weeks. Generally, patients who receive non-surgical facelifts are in good overall health and do not have any acute or chronic health conditions or diseases that could affect the outcome of their treatment. They also have enough fat present in the area from which it will be harvested.
The best way to find out if you are eligible for this treatment is to contact Plastische Chirurgie Am Klosterstern and book a personal consultation with Dr. Dalia. You do so by calling our Hamburg offices at +49 (0) 40 46 091 076 or by filling out our simple inquiry form. Our dedicated staff will be happy to help you with any questions you may have!
Your personal consultation with Dr. Dalia will take place at her state-of-the-art practice close to the Klosterstern U-bahn station in Hamburg. We will invite you to provide us with some health information, and tell us about what you would like to change about your facial appearance. Dr. Dalia will assess tissue hollowing in various areas of your face, as well as taking note of your skin laxity and rhytides. She will use this information to assess the target areas for your stem cell facelift and devise a unique treatment plan tailored to your aesthetic needs.
Getting ready for your stem cell facelift is simple. Dr. Dalia will provide detailed written instructions prior to your treatment date, which may include the following:
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications (such as aspirin and ibuprofen) one week before your procedure.
- Speak to your general practitioner and Dr. Tobbia if you are taking blood thinning medication.
- Drink a lot of water and stay hydrated in the days before your treatment, and on the day itself.
Stem Cell Facelift Procedure
There are three stages in a stem cell facelift procedure.
- Harvesting – After we administer your anesthesia and wait for it to take effect, Dr. Dalia will harvest fat from a predetermined area of your body. Common areas for fat harvesting are the stomach and thighs. As with a liposuction procedure, we will insert a thin cannula beneath the skin to suction out the necessary amount of fat.
- Purification – Once the necessary amount of fat is harvested, Dr. Dalia will treat the tissue. The fat is purified, and processed to allow for optimal application in the treatment areas, and to ensure the health of the fat cells. Once this process is complete, it is prepared for injection.
- Injection – Dr. Dalia will place each injection in the areas of your face requiring treatment. She will target areas most affected by lost volume and address the deficits. After the fat is injected, the stem cells present in the adipose tissue will trigger the body’s production of rejuvenating properties and stimulate new collagen production.
A stem cell facelift requires very little downtime. Therefore you will be able to return home as soon as Dr. Dalia thinks you are ready to do so that same day. You may experience discomfort and swelling in the harvest area, and at the injection sites in your face. This discomfort is usually mild and can be addressed with over-the-counter pain medication recommended by Dr. Dalia. We advise you to follow our post-treatment guidance to ensure you get the best results.
Every patient responds to treatment differently, but many will notice changes in their face within the first few weeks of treatment. The average time to see final results is between 6-8 weeks. After this, you will be able to enjoy the long-lasting rejuvenating results of your stem cell facelift for many years to come!
Cost of a Stem Cell Facelift in Hamburg
Dr. Dalia understands that the needs of each patient are unique. The cost of your stem cell facelift will be calculated at your personal consultation with her. Radiate beauty with a rejuvenating procedure in Hamburg. Contact Plastische Chirurgie Am Klosterstern at +49 (0) 40 46 091 076 or use our website to ask us about this treatment, and the other procedures we offer.
Does a stem cell facelift involve the underlying facial muscles?
No. Unlike a conventional facelift procedure, a stem cell facelift extracts fat from a harvest area, treats it, then injects it into superficial areas of lost volume in the face. There are no lengthy incisions or sutures and no surgical intervention is made in the facial musculature.
Can a stem cell facelift tighten sagging facial skin?
Yes! Replenishing lost volume in the face and inducing new collagen production promotes facial tightening in the weeks following a stem cell facelift.
- Swift, A., Liew, S., Weinkle, S., Garcia, J. K., & Silberberg, M. B. (2020). The Facial Aging Process From the “Inside Out.” Aesthetic Surgery Journal. https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjaa339
- Zakrzewski, W., Dobrzyński, M., Szymonowicz, M., & Rybak, Z. (2019). Stem cells: past, present, and Future. Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 10(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13287-019-1165-5